Sunday, June 3, 2012

Lusting For Covers #75


Lusting For Covers is a weekly meme hosted by TBQ's Book Palace.   Lusting For Covers is held on Sunday, that allows bloggers to share their current cover obsession with fellow book lovers. It can be new, old, a reprint, or even a book that is not yet out-- it's all up to you! Join in on the fun, head  over to TBQ's Book Palace and list your  Lusting For Covers  candidate


My Pick:
Last Kiss Goodnight (Otherworld Assassin #1)
by Gena Showalter
Release Date: Nov. 27, 2012

Blurb by Goodreads
The breathtaking first novel in New York Times best selling author Gena Showalter’s new paranormal romance series, Otherworld Assassins, featuring a black ops agent who is captured and enslaved…and the beautiful deaf girl who holds the key to his salvation…

THE SWEETEST TEMPTATION…

Black ops agent Solomon Judah awakens caged and bound in a twisted zoo where otherworlders are the main attraction. Vika Lukas, the owner’s daughter, is tasked with Solo’s care and feeding. The monster inside him yearns to kill her on sight, even though she holds the key to his escape. But the human side of him realizes the beautiful deaf girl is more than she seems—she’s his.

THE ULTIMATE PRICE…

Vika endures the captives’ taunts and loathing, hoping to keep them alive even if she can’t free them. Only, Solo is different—he protects her. But as hostility turns to forbidden romance, his feelings for her will be used against him…and he’ll be put to a killer test.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why:
I love how this cover fits the book description.  The cover is beautiful and a bit creepy. It is creepy with the Hero being in a cage with darkness all around him in the woods, but then the Heroine is beautiful in her bright red dress looking upon him. Last Kiss Goodnight is a spin-off from the Alien Huntress novels, featuring the black ops section of AIR. This book sounds interesting and different. I have not read the Alien Huntress Series yet, but I will be soon. I enjoy her Lords of the Underworld series.


What is your Lusting For Cover candidate? Leave a comment with a link to the cover you are lusting  this week. Loved to see yours.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating in this week's L4C! :)

    Oh, great cover choice! :) Love Showalter's books, though I'm also a bit behind on many of her series (damn TBR mountain again!). lol. I've read most of the Alien Huntress series, LOVE it, so I'm anxious to see what this new spinoff brings!

    Is it wrong that I would totally keep him locked in a cage in my basement... ? #PersonalLoveSlave. LOL. *Ahem* I mean, that is so cruel and wrong, having him caged like that! *wink*

    Enjoy!
    TBQ
    TBQ's Book Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babe you are funny. Love your comments. You made my day. I do not think it is wrong to keep him caged in your basement as long as you share. I get one day and then you the next. Really it is not like we will not feed him and take REALLY good care of him. Thank goodness our poor hubbies do not come on our blogs. Have a good day. Thanks for stopping by LFC.

      Delete
    2. :) K, just need to track him down first! Oh yes, GOOD care of him. *sigh* And we'll feed him...use him as a plate/table (chocolate..mmm)... Oh, I'm going to have happy dreams tonight! LOL. *Wink*

      Ah, luckily I'm single--no worries there. Lol. Hm, wonder if cage-boy would like a wife.... :D

      Enjoy!
      TBQ

      Delete
  2. Hey you, How are you doing?? Miss talking to you!!! Great choice!!! Love the cover and I love the blurb--I am definitely adding this to my TBR pile. Sounds like such a good read--love that the heroine is deaf!! I am shamed to admit that I haven't read any of her books. Have a great week!!!

    Here is my L4C: http://bellesbookbag.blogspot.com/2012/06/lusting-for-covers.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sweetie. I know I miss talking to you too!!! I am doing good. Been busy with life and trying to play catch up on my blog. I am heading to check out you LFC. Have a good day. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.