Thursday, January 24, 2013

Teaser Tuesday Prelude: The Wild Ones by M. Leighton




The Tuesday Prelude is a weekly meme hosted by Realms Of An Open Mind.  You know we all love to share more than just a few lines, now is your chance to add some of your favorite teasers and introduce a little piece of the story you are currently reading or just read.
 
Well I already read The Wild Ones a few weeks back but loved it so much I thought I would share with you all, some of my favorite teaser and what I loved about the novel.


Love when Trick and Cami talk and tease eachother by saying one thing but really meaning another thing.

"The View around here is very nice for one thing. Rounded hills, lush valleys, gently-curving roads, tight, firm..turns." I look over at her from the corner of my eye and grin. "And sometimes there's a hint of strawberry in the air. Makes my mouth water."

It is nice to see the friendship build especially after her boyfriend pissed her off.

Without saying a word, I bend down and lift her legs, pulling them across my lap as I sit down.

"Here," I say, holding my hand out for the little bottle she's still clutching. She frowns, but she hands it over anyway. I shake the bottle again, like I've seen women do before, then I unscrew the cap. "Talk to me," I urge as I bend down to paint a bright red streak on her first toe.

Love how he is honest and lets her know once they take the next step there is no going back to being just friends.

He drops his head, his cheek pressed to mine, and he whispers in my ear. "If we go, we can't come back. Not ever. "Things will never be the same."

2 comments:

  1. So glad you joined in!! Love these teasers ~ especially the fact that he actually paints her toenails.. and the little hints they give each other ... TBR list has increased...

    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better late than never! Look forward to your next Tuesday Prelude.

      Delete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.