Friday, April 5, 2013

Feature Follow # 143


The Feature & Follow is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow!
 
Q:  Have you ever read a book that you thought you would hate — ? Did you end up hating it? Did you end up loving it? Or would you never do that?
 
A: I do not think I ever read a novel I thought I would hate but read some novels I was not sure how I was going to feel about.

Provoked (Dark Protectors #5)
Paranormal Romance (Adult)
 
Rating: 5 Stars - Perfect
 
 
What I love about Dark Protectors series by Rebecca Zanetti is that her secondary characters all play a big roll in the plot (never taking away from the hero/heroine story) and you get a feel of the characters and usually pairing them off with a mate you know they will get their own story.  I was not sure how I was going to like Kane in Provoked because he is more in the lab and at times fight against bad guys but earlier novels were more of the other brothers. I was sure I was not going to hate his story just thought I would either like it or love it. I ended up freakin loving his story and his character. Provoked was another 5 star novel in Dark Protector series.
 
 
 
 
 
Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood #6)
Paranormal Romance (Adult)
 
 
It has been a while since I read BDB series. I remember reading them back to back and Lover Enshrined was my last read in this series. I know it has been awhile but I was not a huge fan of Phury. Nothing bad just his character did nothing for me. I was sure I was not really going to like his story and I did not. I do not think I hated it just thought it was the weakest of the BDB series. I think that the story fits his character but with all the other yummy Black Dagger heroes his was taken down a notch for me. I hope to some day soon start this series from the beginning since I am so behind and would love to see if I would find his novel any different in my liking.
 
 
 
 
 
Full Blooded (Jessica McClain #1)
Urban Fantasy (Adult)
 
Rating 4 stars - Loved It
 
 
Been awhile since I have read Urban Fantasy and was not sure since I have never read anything by Amanda Carlson how I would like her writing style and if I still enjoy Urban Fantasy.  Loved Amanda Carlson writing voice and was happy I still enjoy Urban Fantasy. Been ages and was happy that I picked Jessica MaCain series, now I look forward to getting my Rourke fix in Hot Blooded #2.

 
Walking Disaster
New Adult
 
Rating 3 stars - Liked It
 
 
I do not where I stand with Beautiful Disaster. Lets just say 3 stars liked it. It has been awhile since I read it. Loved the plot idea but was not always feeling the characters especially Travis. So I could not wait for Travis's POV in Walking Disaster but was not sure how I was going to feel about it. I really wanted to get inside Travis's head but for me was not always feeling his anger etc. I did  not hate or loved his novel I ended up liking it 3 stars.  I felt like I only got in his a little bit. I wanted it to be intense and feel his pain and anger more.
 
 
 
 


19 comments:

  1. Provoked sounds really good! I felt the exact same way about Walking Disaster. Thanks for stopping by my FF. New follower, love your blog (and the title) :-)

    Chelsea @ Starbucks & Books Obsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Provoked was amazing! Thanks for stopping by and following back and for the lovely comment about my blog.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and following my blog!
    New follower. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my FF! New follower, here. And wow..your site just made my TBR hotter! :D So many things to add!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and following back. Yay so excited to help add to your TBR pile.

      Delete
  4. I do like Rebecca Zanetti, I have only read the first one in this series and liked it. I should really read the rest of them though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving Rebecca Zanetti (Dark Protector series). They get better and better with each new novel. I have yet to read a bad novel from her.

      Delete
  5. thanks for stoppin by my FF
    GFC follower
    Danielle @ Coffee and Characters
    www.daniellecromero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read a novel I thought I might hate either. I've been meaning to read Beautiful Disaster. Hopefully soon.

    Thanks for stopping by :)
    Have a great weekend.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to see what you think of Beautiful Disaster when you do get a chance to read it. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  7. I haven't read Beautiful Disaster or the companion novel because it is so controversial. I don't know if I will be able to handle it or not, but I will eventually give it a try.

    New GFC Follower

    My FF
    Krista @ Breathe In BooKs


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was fine with the way the plot is and liked it. I just needed it to be more intense and wow me because of the way the plot is.

      Delete
  8. Great answer! I'm the same way. I'll always try a book to see if I'll like it, but never a book I think I'm going to be miserable reading.

    Thanks for stopping by my FF!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not think I would ever read a novel I think I would hate.

      Delete
  9. I didn't like Phury's book either.... The voice in his head... seriously!!! I did like the Walking/Beautiful Disaster books, but some things I wanted to see from Travis's POV were glossed over.

    Sorry I'm, late!! Thanx for visiting my FF!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.