Sunday, April 21, 2013

Lusting For Covers: #121 Born In Sin by Camelia Miron Skiba



Lusting For Covers is a weekly meme hosted by TBQ's Book Palace . Lusting For Covers is held on Sunday, that allows bloggers to share their current cover obsession with fellow book lovers. It can be new, old, a reprint, or even a book that is not yet out-- it's all up to you! Join in on the fun, head over to TBQ's Book Palace and list your Lusting For Covers candidate.

Born In Sin (Dacian Legends #2)
by Camelia Miron Skiba
Release Date: May 30, 2013
Cover Art:  Eve Ventrue
 
 
Blurb by Goodreads
 
Loathing the thought of his beloved Oriana in the arms of another man, fearless Zyraxes delivers death upon the Roman enemy. With only the rugged land as his bed and the sky as his blanket, trouble finds him often.

Summoned to aid Oriana’s father in the war against two powerful enemies—one of them Oriana’s savage husband—Zyraxes proves himself worthy of more than just noble titles and coin. But he wants none of it. What he wants is her.

When Zyraxes discovers a broken and nearly dead Oriana, though forbidden, he disregards her father’s orders to leave her to her death, and instead chooses to protect and conceal her. Will saving her be enough to win her heart? Will his part royal lineage make him worthy of her love?
 
 
Why:
I am a huge fan of the TV show Spartacus. I love The Roman Times and have been looking for a series but have yet to find one till now. I bought and loved I Was Here—Before You Came (Dacian Legends #1), review coming soon. Camelia Miron Skiba has a beautiful writing voice.  Huge Thank you to Camelia Miron Skiba and Tina Rucci for an ARC copy of Born In Sin. Now for the cover, I know it is not  one I usually post with  a sexy shirtless hero or a sensual couple or a sexy hero with a tight fitted t-shirt, but I freakin love it.  I love how it is in black and white with the red font. I love that it is just the hero's face with a cut under his blue eye. Born In Sin cover is perfect for Roman Times and look forward to picturing the hero on the cover as Zyraxes in his story.
 
 


14 comments:

  1. I have not heard of this series, and I'm laughing as I'm reading the blog cause I have no freakin clue how to pronounce the hero's name...so I shortened it to Z....:)
    Or Zy...
    But yeah, it sounds very intriguing. Here is my L4C: http://csmaxwell.blogspot.com/2013/04/lusting-for-covers-awakening-aidan-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C.S. Maxwell, believe it or not I call the hero Z more than Zyraxes. Oh sorry, forgot to introduce myself: I'm his ...mother. When I wrote the series I wanted some authentic Latin names, not necessarily used in the Roman Empire but in the land of Dacia which is Romania of today (or the land of Dracula as people know it). The original Zyraxes was a Getae king. My hero only borrowed his name. It goes well with his personality--fearless on the battlefield, drinking to forget his forbidden love and reciting Homer's poems to make his way into women's beds. Quite a charmer I must say.
      The cover you picked is nice too, BTW. I bet that's water on the hero's face ;)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, this one sounds interesting, thanks for sharing! And I agree with you--the cover is great! Who cares if it's not a sexy shirtless man? It's still worthy of L4C! You must tell us what you think of book 1, K?

    Enjoy!
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBQ, Zyraxes read what you wrote and says, "Gratitude, my queen." And if it's of any consolation he was shirtless when Eve Ventrue, the artist created his profile, but she blushed too much seeing him that way, and in order for her to finish the drawing she had to keep her eyes above his neck, otherwise it would've never been done. Men and their muscles...

      Delete
  3. The eyes are just making me shiver!!! Putting on my TBR!!!! Nice pick for the week, hope you have had a great weekend hun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee, your reaction is about the same I had when I first saw the photo. Which is actually not a photo but rather a drawing by this German artist I found by accident. Her name is Eve Ventrue and her art out of this world, without a doubt. I contacted her around Christmas last year and asked her about the price. My jaw dropped when she told me, not because I thought it was not worth it but because I couldn't afford it. Long story short (read after begging, praying, begging some more and praying again eventually I convinced her to sell it to me. I still can't believe it's mine. In looking at the cover for the first story (I was here--Before you came) I knew I needed a change. I knew I needed to dig in my pocket further than the pants' seam to pay for it. She agreed to sell me another drawing which I promise is as HOT as this one. My cover designer will work her magic and create a fitting cover with it. I'm as geedy as the 7 Dwarves about to meet Snow White!
      Now if you'll excuse me, I'm on my way to share a glass of vino with Z and his brothers in arms.

      Delete
    2. Cami, I am a sucker for a shirtless hero, as you can tell on my blog but for Born In Sin I am enjoying just the hero's face. Eve Ventrue did a beautiful job on her drawing and changed my post to give credit to her work as she deserves it. I loved how you are using her drawing as it is original. Lot of covers now a days are pretty much using the same cover stock photos. I can not wait for Ilias new cover from I Was here-Before You Came. Sweetie do not forget to stop by and pick me up on your way for some vino with Z and his brother in arms.

      Delete
    3. You got it. The guys are sure excited to have another gal joining them drink Dacian vino ;)
      <3

      Delete
    4. Ha..ha love it! Hoping Z will get a little frisky with me. What Oriana doesn't know won't hurt.

      Delete
  4. Sun, smiles and love for all your kind words, J, and for giving my heroes a home on your shelf.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C. Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my LFC pick. Love Born In Sin Cover and I could not wait to use as my pick.

      Delete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.