Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Review: Kate's Crew by Jayne Rylon




Kate's Crew (Powertools #1)
by Jayne Rylon
Purchase Links: Amazon Barnes & Noble
 
Blurb by Goodreads
 
 
Nothing’s sexier than a man, or five, with power tools.

Sultry summer heat has nothing on the five-man crew renovating the house next door. No one could blame Kate for leaning out the window for a better view of the manscape. The nasty fall that follows isn’t part of her fantasy—but the man who saves her from splattering the sidewalk is definitely the star.

When Mike personally attends to her injuries, she realizes her white knight in a hard hat has a tender side, giving her no choice but to surrender to the lust that’s been arcing between them since day one. In the aftermath of the best sex of her life, she whispers her most secret desire: to be ravaged by his crew.

She never expected Mike would dare her to take what she wants—or that the freedom to make her most decadent desires come true could be the foundation for something lasting…

Warning: This book may cause you to spontaneously combust as five hot guys bring a woman’s wildest fantasies to life during one blazing summer affair.

 
 
Huge Thank You to CS Maxwell ~ Where's My Muse? blog for having King Cobra (Hot Rods #1) on her blog. Jayne Rylon has a new fan. I read a review that Eli and Alanso have a cameo in Hammer It Home (Powertools #6) and decided I would read the Powertools series in order before I read Eli and Alanso story in King Cobra. Nope now I will be reading King Cobra next as I am loving Jayne Rylon writing style and wow does she now how to write a scorching sex scene. Plus I do not think now I can read 5 more novels before.

As for Kate’s Crew I loved it with 5 sexy men and their power tools. Seriously crushing on Mike, a tattoo construction hero. There is no build up to their relationship since the story is a short novella but Jayne Rylon has a way of letting the readers know that Mike has been after Kate and she has been dodging him all summer with their dialogues and emotions. The reason she has been dodging him all summer is because she does not want to lead him on as she has a fantasy of doing the naughty with his partners. She does not know that Mike has one rule, never mix emotion with pleasure. Loved her character as she was direct with him about her fantasy.

Mike and his business partners like to play. Wow! The play well together. Warning do not read in public, as will be squirming in your chair. The first sex scene is a scorcher, exciting and different. Kate’s Crew has it all in the sexing department. It has M/F/M, M/M, M/M/M/M and M/M/M/F. Even though I loved how the sex scenes start off with just a few characters but then lead to more joining in as they are hot but felt they were a tad long for a short novella. I would of liked them cut back a little and had more of Kate and Mike. I will admit had to read a few times to get what the heck they were doing with so many characters. Fell in love with all the business partners and look forward to reading the rest of The Powertools series.

Add to Goodreads


 



 


6 comments:

  1. You should continue with this series, because I just loved it. Read the six books in last than a week and can't wait to start King Cobra, already got my copy of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I for sure plan on continuing Powertools series as soon as finish King Cobra. I just can not wait any longer for King Cobra. I am already itching to stop what I am reading to read King Cobra. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I definitely need to get on this book! HOTNESS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WD--this series DOES contain a lot of smexy times, but as you get to know the characters and see them together with clothes on (haha), Jayne gives you that emotional connection you need to really fall in love with these characters. I swear in one book near the end of the series, I sobbed several times. Joe ended up being my favorite then Dave's story (last book) had me in tears. So, yeah--all of them will worm their way into your heart at some point in the series. I hope you stick with it and let me know what you think of each book as you go :) And let me know when you read King Cobra---I got all giddy when Jayne posted something about LOVING my review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks babe. I am for sure continuing on with the series. I see the novels get longer with each book. I am looking forward to Joe and then Dave's story. That was awesome Jayne posted on your blog! You write awesome reviews!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.