Thursday, April 4, 2013

YA Review: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout





Obsidian (Lux #1)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Purchase Link Amazon
E-book 294 pages

Goodreads

Blurb:
Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.




It has been ages since I read a good book and series about hot aliens. Jennifer L. Armentrout did not disappoint in this department. The action is kick butt, characters all have their own voice, and the romance is rocky but also can be sweet. The characters stay the same through out the book and the writing is smooth. Once you start reading Obsidian, it is hard to put down. I am officially hooked on Daemon, Kat and the Lux series.

Have you ever started a series and enjoyed the first book so much you wanted it to be turned into a TV show? Obsidian is that book and Lux is that series I would love to get excited about every week. Who wouldn’t want to see Daemon and Katy from the covers on TV. Especially the drool worthy Daemon.

Daemon the hero starts off as a jerk in the beginning, but he does have his reasons. I was fine with him being a jerk in the beginning once I found out what made him this way. He is what I love in a hero, swoon worthy, arrogant, overconfident, protective, loving and sweet. Boy is he a smart mouth. Never a boring moment with him.

Katy the heroine usually keeps to herself , loves to read and blog about her books she has read. But she can hold her own, especially when it comes to Daemon, her hot neighbor. She has no problem giving it right back to Daemon and his smart mouth.
 
Wow! Jennifer L. Armentrout knows how to write some steamy, teasing scenes. Daemon and Katy has amazing chemistry right from the beginning. It is not love at first site. Their relationship slowly builds over time with them both having feelings for each other, but both have their reasons for not acting on them. When they start moving forward with their relationship something happens that Katy does not know if Daemon’s feelings for her are real or because of the incident that happened. She also can not forgive him for being a jerk when they first met. Their bickering moments are fun and never boring.

“Stalking me again, I see. Do I need to get a restraining order?”

“In you dreams, Kitten.” He smirked. “Oh wait, I’m already starring in those, aren’t I?”

“Nightmares, Daemon, Nightmares.”

I loved when they were in class together, he is always poking her in the back with his pen to get her attention. Look forward to their class day to see if he was going to poke her with his pen and what he was going to say. Never disappointed me. When being playful he will call her Kitten, which annoys her, but when he is being serious he calls her Kat.

The secondary characters are just as fun as Daemon and Katy. Especially Dee, Daemon’s sister. Her and Katy’s friendship is so much fun to read about. I love the fact that Katy will not end their friendship in the beginning because Daemon wants her too. Dee is a loveable character that everyone would love to have her as a friend.

Obsidian and the Lux series is not to be missed by any YA paranormal romance fan. I highly recommend this book and series. After reading Obsidian it will leave you wanting more of Daemon and Katy. This is a series I could read on and on and never get bored with Daemon and Katy.
 







 

2 comments:

  1. The Lux series is one of my favorites! Daemon is hawt, and the pen poking is one of things I look forward when I'm reading the book, too!
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.