Monday, December 16, 2013

Lusting For Covers: #155 Kiss Of The Rose Kate Pearce

 
Lusting For Covers is a weekly meme hosted by TBQ's Book Palace . Lusting For Covers is held on Sunday, that allows bloggers to share their current cover obsession with fellow book lovers. It can be new, old, a reprint, or even a book that is not yet out-- it's all up to you! Join in on the fun, head over to TBQ's Book Palace and list your Lusting For Covers candidate.
 

by Kate Pearce
 
Blurb by Goodreads
 
First in a sexy new series that takes a bite out of the court of King Henry VIII

Desperate to defeat King Richard III and gain the English crown, Henry Tudor made a pact with the Druids that bound him and his heirs to the Druid’s deadly struggle against the Vampires. Ever since, the Llewellyns, an ancient Vampire slaying family, have been in the permanent employ of the monarchy.

Now Henry VIII is on the throne, and his father’s bargain has almost been forgotten. Until corpses drained of blood start turning up in the most inappropriate of places, including the king’s bedchamber. But are these people the victims of the Vampires-or of the Druids?

To save the king from a nameless assassin, Rosalind Llewellyn, Vampire hunter extraordinaire, must form an uneasy alliance with a known Druid slayer. Sir Christopher Ellis hails from a family that has protected the Vampires for centuries, yet Rosalind has no choice but to rely on his help. And with her life threatened and her loyalty tested, Rosalind may even have to acknowledge the unthinkable. This sworn enemy may be her soul mate.
 
Thoughts:
Lovely cover. I am watching and a bit obsessed at the moment with Dracula and Tudors. Came across this cover and thought how much fun it would be to read about both all in one novel.
 
 
Dracula with Jonathan Rhys Meyers
 

 
Tudors with Jonathan Rhys Meyers




and Henry Cavill
 


Did say I was a bit obsessed with them. :)

10 comments:

  1. WD~ Sweet lord, I have a huge crush on Jonathan Rhys Meyes. Want him bad. LOVE Dracula and have Tudors on Netflix. Nekked goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dracula got me obsessed with Jonathan and to my surprise forgot he was in Tudors. Loving this man more and more. I am watching it on Netflex now. Only a few episodes in the first season as I ten to read more than watch TV. There is fore sure Nekked Goodness going on. I am starting to get attached to Henry Cavill too. I am wanting more of Him and Henry's sister.

      Delete
  2. OOo pretty! I've never seen that one. Loving her get up. Can you imagine living in a time where that was your norm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would feel pretty all the time. The older I get the more I love coming home from work and throwing my comfy sweats on especially now that it is cold and dark. I do not even have to dress up too much for my work now and I am so ready to be bra less and free. LOL.

      Delete
  3. Smexy cover -- thanks for sharing! :) As to the shows -- I haven't seen either series, BUT, I've always had a fondness for Jonathan Rhys Meyers. YUM! Must tune in to watch both . . .

    Enjoy,
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this cover, and I recently put this book on my wishlist. I haven't read too many tudor romances, but I love the theme for it though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe I missed that post ! I'm a big fan of Dracula with Rhys-Meyers, and I'm a big fan of the Tudors, but my favorite of them all is dear hot Charles Brandon - Henry Cavill, you're a hoot !

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.