Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Review: Weekends Required by Sydney Landon




Weekends Required (Danver's #1)
by Sydney Landon

Blurb:
Claire Walters has worked for Jason Danvers as his assistant at Danvers International for three years, and he has never thought of her as a woman until the day she jumps out of a cake at his friend's bachelor party.

Claire is forced to work a second job at a party planning company to support her ailing mother. She is horrified when Jason not only finds out, but has a front-row seat to the action. With Danvers in the process of merging with another company, Claire is forced to travel with Jason as well as work weekends. Suddenly all the fantasies she has entertained for years about her boss seem to be coming true. Her outspoken best friend Suzy thinks that just getting laid will solve everything. The problem is, Claire sees much more in Jason than just sex.

Jason is determined to know how the beautiful, sexy woman in the cake could also be his Plain Jane assistant who tries her best to blend into the background from 8-5 every day. Now not only does Jason see her as a woman, he fully intends to give her the fairy-tale ending that she deserves!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Review:



I really wanted to like this book. It had tons of great reviews. But unfortunately this book did nothing for me. It has a lot of potential with the plot but the Hero was very wishy washy. I felt like the author was trying to make him dominate but sweet. Really he was a jerk (not dominate) one minute calling her a stripper because she jumped out of a cake and then the next minute he was sweet holding her while she is puking in the bathroom because she was drunk. Through out most of the book he just kept calling her a stripper as her second job.

The writing was okay, but too much detail. When she is getting ready to go to her second job, I literally felt like I was getting ready. It was way too much detail and made the scene drag. I enjoy detail but sometimes less is better.

The story does drag in a lot of places. It does start really slow in the beginning until the Bachelor Party. It picks up from there and the bathroom scene was pretty steamy.

Got annoyed with everybody starting off their sentences with their first names. I can not even write the H/h names in my review because they were overly used in the story.

She was very clumsy and that was fine with me but really she bumped her head on the sink and had a little cut. I like how he was sincere and was thinking of her but really he offered her a pain killer. Ok a band aid and aspirin will do just fine. Then through out the book he would make fun of her because she was clumsy.

I love her relationship with her girlfriend and would of enjoyed their time together more if after each scene with the hero she would not go into detail all over again of what just happened. The hero would give his thoughts with what just happened with the heroine all over again. So it seems after each scene together we got to relive it like 3 times.

The best part of the book for me was with her mother. Very sad moments and well written. I felt so bad for her to have to go through taking care of her sick mom and watching her sickness get worse. It broke my heart when her mom would call her by her deceased sisters name. The parts with her mom are the reasons why I continued to read the book. The only reason I gave two stars and not one was because of the moments with her mother.

Unfortunately I will not continue this series. I do not want to not recommend this series because really this is just my thoughts and has so many great reviews. If you love your books with a lot of detail then this is the book.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.