Monday, October 22, 2012

ARC Review: Double Time by Olivia Cunning





Double Time (Sinners On Tour #3)
by Olivia Cunning
Publisher:  Sourcebooks Casablanca
Purchase Links:  Amazon Barnes & Noble
Release Date: November 6, 2012
E-book 416 pages


Blurb:
Olivia Cunning delivers the perfect blend of steamy sex, heartwarming romance, and a wicked sense of humor in this menage story featuring the hottest guy in the Sinners band.

Trey Mills, the notoriously sexy Sinners rhythm guitarist, gives up his bisexual lifestyle and is swept into a hot, heady romance with Reagan Elliot, a female rock star sensation. But when Trey encounters Reagan's sexy bisexual roommate, Ethan Conner, he can no longer deny who he is or what he wants. Reagan heartily agrees to a solution that opens up a hot new world of sexual experience--and love--with the two men she wants the most.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Review:

Perfect ~ Keeper

Olivia Cunning is my kind of woman dedicating Double Time to Randy Rhodes. Olivia you rock!

Double Time starts off sexy and fun and never lets up. I have only read one book with M/M/F and M/M, have to say Olivia had me wanting more by the time I was done reading. I love her writing voice. She had me giggling and definitely had to stick my head in the freezer many times with her scorching sex scenes. The characters are real and jump off the pages. There is so much more to Double Time then just hot sex with a delicious rock star. There are three main characters Reagan, Trey and Ethan that all have their own issues.

Trey the Rhythm Guitarist for the Rock Band Sinners is bi sexual and is done with men. He decides after meeting Reagan that he will just do M/F relationship. But through out their relationship he is realizing he is missing something and is not complete. That something is he needs to have the mixture of having men and woman in his life sexually. Loved Trey’s character I just wanted to lick him and all his Lollipops.


Reagan had her heart broken by an ex lover Ethan who is now her room mate and best friend. Ethan was dating Reagan and cheated on her with another man. I loved how she does not fall for Trey’s playboy lines and goes head to head with him in the beginning. When she finds out Trey is Bi sexual, she can not believe this is happening again to her. Trey is so sweet to tell her he will only be with her, but she knows deep down he needs to have both female and male to make him complete. She has fallen hard for Trey and she rather have him complete than not. So she comes up with the idea of while they are together the only man he can sleep with will be Ethan. Reagan had me smiling when she did not try to change Trey but figured out a solution. I loved how she put his needs before hers and excepted him as he is.

Ethan is Reagan’s over protective alpha male best friend and room mate. He has been secretly still in love with Reagan but knows she just thinks he is gay and not bi sexual. He knows that Trey is Bi sexual and Reagan does not. He has already hurt her feelings by his betrayal and does not want her to go through it again. While he is protecting her from Trey he is also falling for him. I loved how he is still in love with Reagan and is very protective of her.


The chemistry is hot right from the beginning with Trey and Reagan, then it is a scorcher with all three. I thought my poor kindle was going to catch on fire. Reagan has never had a ménage before. She is nervous and not sure she can go through it. Not only did I love reading about Reagan, Trey and Ethan together I also enjoyed Ethan and Trey together. Ethan and Trey chemistry together was off the charts hot. Ethan is your sexy dominate alpha male in and out of the bedroom. Who has penetrated men before but never let them penetrate him. I thought that was interesting. He has always been dominate with his lovers and would like to know how it would be to be submissive but can not do it. Now Trey on the other hand has done everything with men. While he is with Ethan he is enjoying being submissive but is also missing being dominate as he is usually dominate with his other lovers. He does not look into his lovers eyes (male and female) while making love. I felt like I was right there on Reagan, Trey and Ethan’s journey. I loved how it was the three of them that helped each other do the things they never did. I am a huge sucker for nibbling on the lips and there was definitely M/F, M/M lip nibbling.

The secondary characters add so much to the book. Dare who is Trey’s brother is yummy and I do want more of him. The brotherly love is funny and sweet. The rest of the band members are so much fun. I love the relationship the Sinners have. They are so close they are like one big happy family. It made me want to jump on board their bus and join in.

I am a little confused as on Olivia website that this is book 5 in The Sinners On Tour series but is listed on book sites as the 3rd. Since this is my first time reading The Sinners On Tour series I was not lost at all. Yes almost everybody seemed to already be a couple but it just made we want to read their story to see how they got to be a couple.

Olivia Cunning world of Rock Stars blew me away. Double Time was my first read by Olivia and it will not be my last. I am officially a Sinners fan and Olivia is now one of my favorite authors.
 
ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review

 Shelves
Alpha Male Hero  M/M  Dominate Hero
Menage M/M/F

4 comments:

  1. LOVED this one as well! And as for the book info thingy! Yes. it's a little outta order or releasing outta order for publisher reasons. This book, Trey's book is suppose to be the fifth and final book, but released earlier. But man, it was soooooooo freaking HOT! LOVED TREY!

    And I think his brother's name is actually Dare, not Dash, unless that's your little nickname for him. Haha! AHHHHHHH! I want Dare and his band to have their own book too! Please, Olivia Cunning, make it happen! :)))

    Mystifying Paranormal Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariya. Thank you for following me. Haha it is Dare nope no nickname I got him mixed up with Dash who is Logan's brother in Run The Risk by Lori Foster who I like too. I agree I want Dash and his band to have their own book and series. Yes Please Olivia Cunning make it happen.

      I was fine with it out of order because it was my first read by Olivia and still was not lost at all. I loved Trey and Ethan too.

      Delete
    2. Oooohhh! That's good! I think you can read these outta order too. YOu don't really miss much except that the guys may have found their girls already. Yah~! My favorite was Backstage Pass though, being introduced to all these guys and OMFG! Just WOW! Backstage Pass was one of the first introductions I've had into Erotica Romance as well! You're just gonna love that one! Oh, Brian! <3333333333

      Delete
    3. I just finished Backstage Pass and fell in love with Brian and laughed my ass off. I will hopefully have my review up in a few days. The Bathroom scene in the airport was too funny.

      Delete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.