Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Review: Tempting The Best Man by J. Lynn





Tempting the Best Man (Gamble Brothers #1)
by J. Lynn
Purchase Link: Amazon
E-book 114 pages


Blurb:
Madison Daniels has worshipped her brother's best friend since they were kids. Everyone thinks she and Chase Gamble would make the perfect couple, but there are two major flaws in their logic. 1) Chase has sworn off relationships of any kind, and 2) after blurring the line between friends and lovers for one night four years ago, they can't stop bickering.

Forced together for her brother's wedding getaway, Chase and Madison decide to call a truce for the happy couple. Except all bets are off when they're forced to shack up in a tacky 70’s honeymoon suite and survive a multitude of "accidents" as the family tries to prove their "spark" can be used than for more than fighting. That is, if they don't strangle each other first…
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Review:

Liked It

Jennifer L. Armentrout is an amazing author for her YA Books, especially The Lux Series (which I love and can not get enough of) that is written in first person POV. But as writing J. Lynn for her romance novels and in 3rd person falls a bit flat.

I prefer Romance over YA and after reading her YA novels I was so excited to see how she writes a Adult Novel. I expected more. I did like reading Tempting The Best Man and rate it as 3 stars-I Liked it, but it could of been so much better.

I love the brothers with there sarcastic brotherly comments. I enjoyed reading how involved they are with Maddie’s family. Loved Maddie’s family.

I could not connect with Maddie and Chase. I think I would of connected more with them if there was not so many inner thoughts and rehashing why she loves him and why he should not love her etc., between their dialog and if they would of eased up on the angst. There was not enough of dialogue time with them. I love some angst between the H/h as long as have some sexual tension, but there was none. I did think Chase was a sweetheart at times especially when he jumped to make sure he was the one to pick her up when her car broke down and did not take advantage of her while she was drunk. He seemed to make sure he was always there for her. Love how he would remember the cutest and embarrassing things when they were kids, loved when they had their memorable talking moments.

I do look forward to the rest of the series as I think this series has potential. I love Jennifer L. Armentrout 1st person POV and I hope she finds her groove as J. Lynn in 3rd person. If new to reading this author, not a big fan of this book and do not mind YA novels then give her Lux series a chance and see what an amazing author she is.




6 comments:

  1. I'm not really a fan of YA, but I heard her Lux series is pretty amazing. I hope the rest of the books in her adult series are good though.

    Love the review...very insightful

    sharonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Jennifer L. Armentrout writing style is amazing in the Lux series. I am hooked on her characters.

      Delete
  2. I am not a fan of YA, I rarely read it...but this does sound good, I really like how honest you are...I do think I will put this one on my TBR list though!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sometimes I feel too honest haha. Sometimes it is hard to rate a 1st in a series. Especially when they do not hold your attention and not a page turner. Sometimes people thinks it is a bad thing to just like a book 3 stars, but many books are likeable and just do not always blow the reader away. I try to give series a few books in before I call it quits. Happy you are putting it on your TBR pile, just because I just liked it and did not loved it does not mean someone else would love it.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the review~I have been wondering about this series. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.