Sunday, July 14, 2013

ARC Review: Beyond Shame by Kit Rocha



Beyond Shame (Beyond, #1)
Beyond Shame (Beyond #1)
by Kit Rocha
 
Blurb by Goodreads
 
All Noelle Cunningham has ever wanted is a life beyond–beyond the walls of Eden, where only the righteous are allowed to remain, and beyond her stiflingly restrictive existence as a councilman’s daughter. But only ruins lie outside the City, remnants of a society destroyed by solar storms decades earlier.

The sectors surrounding Eden house the corrupt, the criminal–men like Jasper McCray, bootlegger and cage fighter. Jas clawed his way up from nothing to stand at the right hand of Sector Four’s ruthless leader, and he’ll defend the O’Kane gang with his life. But no fight ever prepared him for the exiled City girl who falls at his feet.

Her innocence is undeniable, but so is their intense sexual attraction, and soon they’re crossing every boundary Noelle barely knew she had. But if she wants to belong to Jas, first she’ll have to open herself to the gang, to a dangerous world of sex, lust and violence. A world where passion is power, and freedom is found in submission.

I loved the world Kit Rocha has built in Beyond Shame but I could not connect with any of the characters. For me there was no sexual tension between Jasper and Noelle. I love a good erotic novel with scorching and kink sex scenes but I was not feeling any attraction between Jasper and Noelle. I love secondary characters but did feel like there was too much going on with all the characters. I was bummed I could not get into Beyond Shame as I loved the blurb and was looking forward to reading something different in erotic romance.
ARC Provided by NetGalley for an honest review.
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Ah, too bad, the next book will be better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. I had this one my want to read list. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has many great reviews. I just could not connect with the characters and I wanted to as I loved the world she has built. If you still get it look forward to your thoughts. This is one of those novels lot of GF loved and I did not.

      Delete
  3. Sucks to hear you weren't feeling it, but love the honest review!!!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Has many great reviews but just did not work for me. I tried to be honest with out bashing the author. Loved the world created but could not feeling the main characters.

      Delete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.