Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Review: Craving Constellations by Nicole Jacquelyn





Craving Constellations (The Aces #1)
by Nicole Jacquelyn
Purchase Links: Amazon  Barnes & Noble
Source: Own
 
Blurb by Goodreads
 
"How is it, that someone can make decision after decision attempting to get away from their past and somehow end up right back where they started?"
 
When Brenna decided to leave the only life she'd ever known, she never thought she'd ever be back. Now, five years later she's running from her clean cut husband straight back to the motorcycle club that raised her... and the man she left behind. She left with a secret, and as soon as she returns the truth will break her carefully constructed life wide open.
 
 
 
 
 
Spoiler Free Review
 
Finally a well written Biker MC series I can add to my Biker reads I want more of. And it is a very small list so far only 3.  Pretty sad list considering that the biker trend has hit big and there are many out there I have tried to read and have lately been DNF. 
 
Craving Constellations is a raw, intense, emotional, real read.  I felt Brenna and Dragon's pain and happiness. There are two scenes that are disturbing but flowed nicely through the novel.  Dragon's reaction when Brenna came home revealing her secret was a little shocker to me. There was a huge twist I did not see coming with another secret and the biggest betrayal ever. Now that scene was a huge shocker for me I was afraid to read on but I had to know how that scene played out and wow did I shed a few tears. My heart broke for both of them and had no idea how they would ever recover from that huge betrayal from Brenna and Dragon's reaction. Honestly if this novel was not well written I would of stopped at that disturbing scene but so happy I continued on. I do not approve of his actions for these scenes but I can relate to his anger and understand where he was coming from as my family has been close to his situation.
 
I do have a love/hate relationship with Dragon the sexy-tattoo-biker babe-possessive hero with an alpha male attitude. He is steamy-cold shower needed in the bedroom with his yummy dirty-talking mouth.

Nicole Biker's have their own world and I liked the direction she went when Brenna came home and their actions. They seem cruel considering what she just went through but this is their reality and they do not sugar coat anything but they will have her back and protect her. I do wish readers got to see more of their world especially when going on runs.

I felt as a biker read Brenna and Dragon's story concentrated more on their relationship than her biker world. I did at times enjoy the sometimes Dual POV. Loved getting inside Dragon's head when it continue on with a scene but I did not like reading the same thing sometimes in both dual POV. I wanted them to have more of a past together than just one drunken night instead of falling for each other the first night. The scene with her dad and her ex-husband I really wish that was shown and not just left for the readers to imagine what happened.  For these reasons I would of rated it 3 stars-Liked It. But  Nicole Jacquelyn has a great writing voice and Craving Constellations is well written that brought out so many different emotions in me I had to bump it up 4 stars-Loved It. The cover is nice but I do not think it fits for a Biker Novel. Readers get a little set up for Grease's story next in Craving Redemption (The Aces #2). After reading a expert/teaser I am interested to see how his story plays out.

Add To Goodreads



 







 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. haven't read a good biker book in a while. I'm goin got add this to my wishlist and the cover so does not scream biker book, which I think is good and very different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover but wish it did scream biker book. I am bad and a cover junkie and for me I can not remember how I found this but based off the cover if I did not know it was a biker novel I would of never gave it a chance.

      Delete
  2. I added this to my TBR right away. It looks good. When Im in the mood for a biker i'll pick this one up =)

    -Amanda P


    Where the Night Kind Roam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. Love my biker books but when I read a dark gritty biker read I have to be in the mood for it.

      Delete
  3. I really like the sound of this book, unfortunately I know someone who goes by the name Dragon which could be a complete killer for the story. Added it to my wishlist though :D thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.