Thursday, February 23, 2017

FREE! Review: Mine To Take By Cynthia Eden

Free At Time Of Review. If interested please check Mine To Take. Still might be free.

Rating: 4 Stars - Loved It
 
Series: Mine #1
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Cynthia Eden
Publication Date: July 12, 2013
Format: Kindle
Pages: 169
Source: Bought / Free
 
 

Synopsis by Goodreads
Sometimes you want someone so much...
Sometimes you need someone so much...
Lust can become love.
And love can turn into a deadly obsession.
 
Skye Sullivan knows that someone is watching her. Not just watching - stalking her. Months ago, Skye was involved in a dangerous car accident. The accident ended her dancing career and sent her fleeing back to Chicago. Skye is convinced that her stalker caused the crash, and she fears that he won’t stop pursuing her, not until she’s dead.
 
When someone breaks into her apartment in Chicago, Skye turns to the one man she believes can protect her - Trace Weston. Once, Trace was her lover. Two lost souls, they’d come together in a firestorm of need and desire. But then Trace had pushed her away. He’d joined the military, vanishing from her life. She’d put all of her emotion into dancing, and she’d tried to forget him.
 
Now Trace is one of the most successful men in the United States. Rich, driven, and carrying dark secrets, he agrees to help Skye. He’ll protect her from the danger that lurks in the darkness, but Trace wants more than to just be a guard for Skye.
 
He wants her. And he’ll take her. The years have changed him, hardened him. He’s not just a poor kid from the streets any longer. Now, he can have anything - or anyone - that he wants. And the one woman he has always wanted has just come back into his life. He won’t let her go again.
 
But with the threats mounting against Skye, she suspects that her stalker may be intimately close. He’s a man who knows her too well. As his attacks grow ever more dangerous, she realizes that if she trusts the wrong man, she could be making a fatal mistake.
 
Lust. Love. Obsession.
 
Just how far would you go in order to possess the one person you want the most?
 
Author's Note: MINE TO TAKE is a sexy romantic suspense novella—it contains approximately 41,000 words. MINE TO TAKE is intended for adults. Sexy situations and adult language will be found within the pages of this story - please consider yourself warned.


Spoil Free Review
Well this was a nice little surprise for me. Enjoyed Cynthia Eden work in the past for her PNR books. Came across a freebie of  her first book Mine To Take in her Romantic Suspense series Mine. Perfect as I was in a romantic suspense mood too. For a novella I enjoyed it a lot.
 
Skye is more on the fragile side and it worked for me. It just made her character more real. I know if I was in her predicament I would be too. She had a stalker few months back that she just new had cause her to have a car accident. But the police do not believe her. Then when she moves home to Chicago her apartment gets broken into.
 
Trace is a yummy in your face alpha male. He is intense and harsh, especially with their first meeting after a long time. This also worked for me because it just made his character more real. He has not talked to her in ages and thought he finally put the past with them behind.  He is still on the mystery side and feel readers will get more of his dark secrets in book 2. I know I am ready to find out.
 
 
 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. oh glad you enjoyed this one. Eden is just wonderful and I always love the characters that she writes. This one sounds very intriguing. Trace does sound very yummy!! Lovely review here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, romantic suspense is a genre I truly enjoy and you got me quite curious with this one, so I checked . . . Guess what? It's still free! Thanks for the suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silvia I hope you enjoy it. I found I loved book 2 who is the same couple more. I am on book 3 and I am obessed so far with this series.

      Delete
    2. Really? Well, now I'm even more intrigued! Good thing I grabbed this freebie, I'll have to give it a go soon ;)

      Delete
  3. Well I one clicked, I love romantic suspense and have never tried this author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first Romantic Suspense I read from her. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Book two was a 5 star read for me. Review up soon just can not quite put it together. So much I want to say and can not because do not want to spoil for anyone.

      Delete
  4. Oh yes! I grabbed this one a while back. Thanks for the reminder. I have wanted to read her :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.