Friday, February 2, 2018

Review: Ryker by Geri Glenn

Rating: 4 Stars - Loved It
 
Ryker by Geri Glenn
Series: Kings Of Korruption MC #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Geri Glenn on August 14, 2015
Format: Kindle
Pages: 228
Source: Bought
 
 
 

Charlotte

Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve taken care of everyone around me, including my self-centered older sister, Anna. When her poor choices make us targets of the Devil’s Rejects Motorcycle Club, I grab her and we run like hell. A new city, a new job, a new life. It’s almost perfect – and then I meet Ryker.

He’s gorgeous, rugged and too cocky for his own damned good. But he’s a biker – exactly the type of man I’ve been running from. I have no business getting involved with a man like him. Too bad I can’t get him out of my head.

Ryker

As V.P. of the Kings of Korruption MC, I know all about violence and loss. In my world, getting involved with a woman never turns out well. Avoiding commitment isn’t something I have to work at – it’s just a way of life. Then I meet Charlotte. Drawn to her kindness and beauty, I know there’s no place for her in my world. I have to let her go.

Finding Charlotte battered and bloody late one night, I go against my own beliefs, making it my mission to protect her. The Devils are out for blood and it’s Charlotte’s they want. Maybe I can’t keep her but I will put my life on the line to keep her safe. If not, I face losing the only woman that’s ever made me feel alive.

***Note: This book contains violence, strong language and descriptive sexual situations. It is intended for readers over the age of 18.
 
Thoughts: I love my biker romances. Ryker was refreshing without the over the top shock moments too make it feel like it has some grit to it. 
 
The best was the heroine. I loved her character.  Charlotte is sweet, caring and loving.  She loves her nursing job at a facility for terminal patients. It gives her purpose to know that she was able to give family members/friends time to laugh, tie up loose ends and say goodbye to their loved ones before they die. I felt bad the only family she had since she was 17 is her older sister and she is a piece of work.
 
Ryker is a delicious alpha male hero who can also be gentle and caring. A bad incident from his past keeps him at arms length from her. He did have a few jerk moments. I still loved and enjoyed his character.
 
Awesome secondary characters that do add to the story. Look forward to reading their books.
 




4 comments:

  1. Wonderful review. I haven't read too many biker romances lately, so I am thinking I want to grab this one up here. I do love those alpha males that have their soft and sweet moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her heroes are the perfect alpha males. I am behind in reviews from my break so be ready for some biker reviews.

      Delete
  2. Oh it's been a while since I read a biker romance. I'll have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some to review as I get caught up. I really enjoyed this.

      Delete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.